ALHAMBRA HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER HISTORY
Alhambra Hospital Medical Center is a 144-bed general acute care hospital that is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The six-story building sits on 5.5 spacious acres in the business district of the City of Alhambra. The hospital was originally established in 1924 and moved to its current location in 1974. In 1998, following a change in ownership, the hospital's name was officially changed to Alhambra Hospital Medical Center.
Presently, AHMC employs over 600 employees, including 300 doctors representing 32 specialties - each of whom is committed to providing the optimal medical care to a highly diversified ethnic population.
Our Emergency Room is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we have several departments specifically designed to render appropriate care, including an Occupational Health Center, which is able to handle industrial injuries, as well as pre-employment physicals for local businesses.
We have a state-of-the-art Intensive / Coronary Care Unit, Subacute Unit and Acute Rehabilitation Center, and we offer unsurpassed services for out-patient surgery, radiology, laboratory, cardiopulmonary, and speech therapy.
We offer many services that are either free or that are provided at a nominal fee, including regular blood pressure screenings and health education seminars that are presented in both English and Mandarin. Free transportation is offered for patients living within a 10-mile radius and we offer a physician referral service by calling (626) 4-HEALTH.