A place of compassion, care and standard of excellence for our patients. A place like home.
Located in the beautiful city of Alhambra, where east meets west, is a place called home for a special group of patients.
It is a place of healing, compassion, hope and love. It is a place where families have the peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are cared for by the best in the field. Where the expertise of our team of experts, combined with their passion for patient care, have made our subacute unit one of the most highly rated units by CMS in the San Gabriel valley, most recently being once again rated a 5 star quality facility by CMS through health inspection, staffing, and quality measures.
The Subacute Unit at Alhambra Hospital Medical Center cares for patients who require complex medical technology and support to sustain life. Our goal is to help each patient achieve the best quality of life and the highest level of functioning possible.
The Subacute Unit specializes in caring for patients who have:
• Multiple trauma, including head and/or spinal cord injury
• Degenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, cerebral vascular accident and other neurological conditions with respiratory failure
• Respiratory failure
These patients may require:
• Respiratory care, including ventilator support
• Tracheostomy care and nutrition with feeding tubes
• Pre-and post-rehabilitation, including occupational therapy, physical therapy, sensory stimulation, speech therapy
• Wound care
The Multidisciplinary Subacute Care Team includes:
- Medical Director (Pulmonologist),
- Respiratory technician
- Physical and Speech Therapy
- Social Worker
- Activity Director
The team oversees the care of the patient utilizing a multidisciplinary team approach to assessment, care planning and treatment evaluation.
Each and every patient in our Subacute Unit is cared for with compassion and dignity. Families are an integral part of the health care team and are kept up to date through regular meetings.
For more information on our Subacute Unit, please contact the Susanna Tung, Subacute Unit Nursing Manager at 626-458-4711.