Nobody wants to need it, but most people do at some time.
The Alhambra Hospital Medical Center Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to serve our community's healthcare needs. We always have fully qualified technicians, nurses and board-certified physicians on staff to help you!
When you arrive at the Emergency Department, a triage nurse will evaluate you. The purpose of triage is to sort and prioritize patients according to complaint and symptoms presented.
The nurse will ask you a few questions to determine the reason for your visit:
- What medications are you taking?
- What allergies do you have?
- What is the name of your doctor?
The nurse will then:
- Ask about your medical history.
- Take your vital signs: blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and temperature.
- Ask your birth date and/or social security number so that the nurse can pre-register your information into the computer.
- Ask you to sign a consent allowing the Emergency Department to treat you.
You will receive medical attention according to the seriousness of your symptoms, illness, or injury as determined by the triage nurse. After you are assigned to a room in the Emergency Department, a nurse and a physician will evaluate you.